Sicilian Citrus Salad
5 medium navel oranges
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked peppercorns
2 tablespoon shredded lemon zest
1. Using a knife, peel the oranges; there should be no white membrane left.
2. Slice the oranges into 1/2 inch rounds in a shallow rimmed dish.
3. Drizzle the oil and lemon juice over the orange slices.
4. Sprinkle with the cracked peppercorns and lemon zest.
5. Cover the plate with plastic wrap and set aside to macerate at room temperature for about 2 hours before serving.
YIELD: 6-8 servings
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.