4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare two 8 1/2×4 1/2 loaf pans.
2. Beat the eggs until light and fluffy, then beat in the vegetable oil until blended. Blend in sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, blend flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add dry mixture to into the egg/oil mixture.
5. Fold the strawberries and orange rind into the batter and mix well.
6. Divide the batter into two loaf pans.
7. Bake until the loaves are nicely browned and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
8 Transfer the pans to wire cooling rack and cool 30 minutes.
9. Run a knife around the edges of the pans and carefully remove the loaves. Return the loaves to the racks to cool completely.
YIELD: 2 loaves