Adjusted earnings, excluding the restructuring charges in both years, and other items, fell to 29 cents per share from 37 cents per share. We look forward, visibility remains limited? Holland was added in a statement.
He said the media segment was visible in comparison to improvements in advertising trends in July and August, but she weakened in September. He also said that the Harlequin book division? S results were weaker than for a competitor? S expects success with a bestselling book and because of the weak economic conditions. Continue reading
Home home, shoobies. All I need to keep me happy a couple of fudge shops and some skee-ball arcades.If the Atlantic City Boardwalk over casinos as a stack of dominoes topple? The three Trump properties – the Taj Mahal, Trump Plaza and Trump Marina – are on their way to on their way to bankruptcy or worse. And resorts, the original Boardwalk casino is facing foreclosure.
There are about 44 tablespoons of coffee in one pound, I use two tablespoons, 1.95 US dollars over a French Press brew up. If I buy about a pound Starbucks House Blend Online for $ 10, I am approximately 45 Cent retailing are charged for cup.
But this never really worked in Atlantic City. Vegas learned how to expand and attractions for families, lavish shows and concerts and celebrity culinary experience did not. Did not. While AC has the advantage, from the beach has the advantage that Vegas landmass. Continue reading
I’ll look a little silly today, I notice – 10 percent plus or days not come by often. But I’m willing to sacrifice a few points in the pursuit of the the highest possible returns for decades. Our Rule Breakers scorecard reflects the strength of this strategy, and I see no reason as of now.
Magic 8-Ball says. No BreakerWith only two of six rebels attributes, I stay comfortable has sold my personal involvement in Akamai and recommending members do the same.Shares of the former Motley Fool Rule Breakers recommendation Akamai Technologies are rallying big today more than 15 percent the day finished on a good third-quarter earnings report. Color Me happy. Many of our members in the hope of in the hope of losses incurred last year instead. Continue reading
5 medium navel oranges
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked peppercorns
2 tablespoon shredded lemon zest
1. Using a knife, peel the oranges; there should be no white membrane left.
2. Slice the oranges into 1/2 inch rounds in a shallow rimmed dish.
3. Drizzle the oil and lemon juice over the orange slices.
4. Sprinkle with the cracked peppercorns and lemon zest.
5. Cover the plate with plastic wrap and set aside to macerate at room temperature for about 2 hours before serving.
YIELD: 6-8 servings
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare two 8 1/2×4 1/2 loaf pans.
2. Beat the eggs until light and fluffy, then beat in the vegetable oil until blended. Blend in sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, blend flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add dry mixture to into the egg/oil mixture.
5. Fold the strawberries and orange rind into the batter and mix well.
6. Divide the batter into two loaf pans.
7. Bake until the loaves are nicely browned and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
8 Transfer the pans to wire cooling rack and cool 30 minutes.
9. Run a knife around the edges of the pans and carefully remove the loaves. Return the loaves to the racks to cool completely.
YIELD: 2 loaves
2 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded peeled apple
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 Heat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk an vanilla with wire whisk until well blended. Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and 1/2 cup of the almonds.
3. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle remaining 1/4lmonds over batter.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes on cooling rack, remove from pan.
YIELD: 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups diced Fresh figs (6-10 figs, depending on the size)
1/2 up seeded, peeled oranges, diced
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (8-oz) canning jars
1. Place the ingredients in a large ceramic or glass bowl ( I use a 1-at pyrex measuring cup), stir to combine, let sit for 20 minutes for the fruit to mascerate in the sugar.
2. Place in microwave. You will cook the fruit mixture on high setting for approximately 15 minutes. As soon as the misture starts to boil, after about 6-8 minutes. Stop the cooking and stir. Continue cooking and stir every few minutes. At about 13 minutes the mixture should start to get viscous. Check of seeing how the jam runs off a spoon. If it seems to firm up a bit as it drips, it’s done.
3. Pour the jam into jars, leaving 1/4 ” of headroom from the top of the jars. If you will be keeping your jam in a cupborad, then use sterilzied jars (heat them in the oven at 200F for 10 minutes). If you plan to use quickly and will keep them in the refrigerator, reg
ular clean ts will do.
3 slices of bacon per serving
1. Spread mustard on each bacon slice.
2. Roll each slice and place on a small metal skewer.
3. Broil, turning frequently until browned.
4. May be prepared in advance and reheated in a microwave at serving time.